[THIN] Re: OT: Anti-Virus Vendors (AGAIN)

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lynch00@xxxxxxx>, <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:31:51 -0800

While this is true, I have found the same case.  It seems as if the quality
of Symantec's AV products are becoming more and more useless.  I have
permanently made the switch to Trend Micro AV products (which I was a big
proponent of Symantec AV products).  I just finished moving a friends
network from SAV 8.0 CE to Trend Micro OfficeScan/ServerProtect/ScanMail,
all controlled from the Trend Micro Control Manager.  A very nice tool.  All
access via HTTP.  Reporting is SO much better than SAV.  Version 3.0 of TMCM
is supposed to be so much better, and better reporting capabilities, and
work on Windows Server 2003 (to be released Feb 16).

Chris Lynch
lynch00@xxxxxxx