[THIN] OT: A/V for enterprise environments - again

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:11:47 -0400

I'm looking to switch off Symantec to another vendor.  Trend and McAfee
are, of course, the two that come to mind.  I looked at Sophos around 9
months ago and decided I wasn't going to go that route.

I've never seen Trend's enterprise solution, but have seen parts of
McAfee's.  I know Trend seems to be the big winner for Citrix
environments, which is a check for the corner of Trend.  I'm looking for
other input as to why I might want to invest more time trying out Trend
or McAfee, or considering someone else's product.

Whoever I choose must meet some basic requirements:
-Central Management Console with 100% of options done through console
(SAV10 has a tweaks you HAVE to do with local .REG keys)
-Desktop, Server, and Exchange support
-Ability to specify remote site parent servers for remote site clients
to pull  updates/config from, remote side servers all updated from
master server
-Virus definition updates daily through a supported method (no
unsupported FTP downloads please)
-Small virus definition files
-Some level of spyware detection/removal
-Anti-Spam in the Exchange product would be nice, but not a requirement