[THIN] Re: OT: AD design question

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:52:51 -0500

Not really. I mean like everything, it depends. If you have a LARGE
corporate environment. Lets say 20K in user objects, tons and tons of
croups servers, PC, etc. Above and beyond boundaries the empty root will
(from what I have been told by MS) will increase performance even with
cross domain look ups and what not by keeping the individual domain
databases smaller. Don't get me wrong, you got 1 domain now. No need.
You got 17 that are huge and you are trying to collapse them and get a
name space that matches either at the geographic level or divisional
level.... You'll want it.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect

RapidApp