[THIN] Re: OT: AD Browsing Issue

  • From: Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:12:59 +0000

Firewall requirements for client access to domain controllers are as follows:

"TCP-1024-5000"
"TCP-49150-65535"
"UDP-1024-5000"
"UDP-49150-65535"
"A-Kerberos"
"UDP-LDAP-389"
"DNS"
"LDAP"
"PING"
"SMB"
"MS-AD"
"NBT"

"A-Kerberos" protocol tcp src-port 1024-65535 dst-port 88-88
"A-Kerberos" + udp src-port 1024-65525 dst-port 464-464
"A-Kerberos" + tcp src-port 1024-65525 dst-port 464-464
"A-Kerberos" + udp src-port 1024-65535 dst-port 88-88

The first port range from 1024 - 5000 is to support Windows 2003
clients and 49150 - 65535 is to support Windows 2008 / Vista and above
clients.

You *could* run rpccfg on each host on either side of the firewall,
but that's not best practise.