[THIN] OT: AD Browsing Issue

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 10:14:56 +0100

Alright, one for the AD Gods/Goddesses

Got a trust between two different AD forests. From my PC I can browse the
other domains and select/add objects. From ADUC, I can't even see the other
domains (see the attached pic).

Ideas?

What's driving this issue is from a server in another site (still in my
domain) one can't see the other domains at all in order to add users (as I
can from my PC). So between these two matters I'm guessing that our trust
isn't quite right, but I don't have access to DCs nor the firewalls so I'm
troubleshooting symptomatically. If anyone wants to pipe in with a Cliff
Notes version of setting up trusts between AD domains through firewalls for
domains with a *lot* of DCs I'd gladly read it and drink a german bier in
their honor.