[THIN] Re: OT AD

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:44:38 -0500

I promote all my DCs at my Corporate office them deploy them remotely.
I setup a VLAN so I can have the IP of the DC to go to a remote site be
the same IP it will be at the remote location.  This means the only
thing that has to replication is any changes to users/groups I've made
in the AD.  I don't have to wait for DNS to fix itself. =20

I typically leave that DC I've promoted in my Corporate office sitting
on the network in it's VLAN until it's ready to deploy or ship.  This
way there is only a couple days of time when it's not getting AD
updates.