[THIN] Re: OST Files

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:17:03 -0500

I assume a UMTS PC Card is a cellular based internet access card?  If
so, that's what you should do IMO.  My company is getting to the point
that if you want access to your stuff, you need to get online.  If that
means you buy, or your office buys a cellular internet card and pays the
$80/mo for unlimited data, so be it.  The world is becoming an every
increasing connected place, and because of new regulations in the US
(I'm unfamiliar with europe) , Privacy concerns are becoming EXTREMELY
hot topics, and if someone has data on a remote laptop that you can't
easily reposses if they leave the company, you are liable for the
privacy of that data.  Making them get online and use a remote
environment such as Citrix removes part of that equation.