[THIN] Re: OFF TOPIC - about Name Servers

  • From: "LDeFoor" <citrix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:56:31 -0700

WOW - an off topic question took off like wild fire.  Sorry to cause such a
issue ?  Well, maybe - a lot of good information has passed through here about
dns so ..

Anyway -

Yes, as someone eluded to - Why would you want to query someones server for what
is hosted.  Let's just say it has become a project of mine and it isn't anything
illegal.

Let me try to be a little more specific.

There is a domain that I know is a web hosting server (it is actually a
friends).  He has a bunch of domains hosted on his server.  I want to find out
what names (domain names) that are listed on his server.  It is one of those
things where he has ns1 and ns2 pointing to the same server and all the domains
are on the same server.

Thanks for all the great info so far.

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130