[THIN] Novell logon window and Pub Apps

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:04:01 +0200

Hello!

We have installed the Novell Client on our Metaframe XP server. Now we want to publish a certain application anonymously on this server. However, if a user launches this application, a Novell logon window appears with the username of the corresponding anonymous user (e.g. "Anon002") already filled into the "Username" field. If the user aborts this Novell logon, the published application appears as it should.

There is no Novell logon necessary for this application and this behaviour is independent of the application published this way (Notepad shows the same effect). While this is not a critical problem, it's at least annoying for the users to click away this window each time. Is there a possibility to get rid of this Novell logon window for anonymous users?

Our server: Windows 2000 SP2, Metaframe XP SP2, Novell Client 4.83 SP2

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale Complaints about applications response time - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130