[THIN] Re: Novell Contextless Logon and WI

  • From: "Hutchinson, Alan" <Alan.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:04:10 -0000

Well - I was a bit surprised when I went and checked - I know that we
had severe problems late last year on our W2K farm. So bad in fact that
we got a 'pre-release' patch from Novell and have since discovered that
others have had the same problem. This patch was eventually released
into 'the wild' (and I think went into SP2) and the servers have been
very stable since but the client doesn't show any updates. I think I'm
going to upgrade to SP2 on this new build but don't believe that it will
resolve my issue below.

I've found several references to the 'tab event' to kick off the actual
contextless 'lookup' but no actual solutions.

Regards,

Alan.