[THIN] ** Novell 4.83 SP1 Client passing login credentials **

  • From: "Anderson, Frank" <Frank.Anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:05:35 -0500

I have a Win2k/MFXPe FR2 farm.  Some of my Ctx servers are planned to be =
upgraded to the 4.83 SP1 NetWare Client after testing is complete.  I'm =
having a problem passing the user credentials from 2K to the NW client.  =
I found the TID 10024791 which covers all registry changes that are =
needed to make this possible. =20

I'm trying to pass the credentials to the client and have the client =
login window appear with the username and password already in it.  The =
user would then have the option to click "OK" to log into NW/2K or click =
"Workstation only" and log into 2K only.  This is how the 4.8 older =
version of the client worked.  By adding the reg changes from the TID I =
can make the credentials pass through the client without seeing the =
login window appear.  This does me no good as that I have users with and =
without NW accounts, thus an error message is generated when a non NW =
user tries starting a published app.

Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank