[THIN] Not enough Storage Space

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:40:33 -0400

A few things to try:
1. maybe an open file agent problem?  Check the settings and see if you've
got it turned off or on?
2. check for hidden files again, open file has a hidden directory or file
for it's use
3. if you've got open file option on shut it off, (or the reverse)
4. filemon is obviously something you're going to want to look at.  Might
tell you what's trying to work
5. other stuff backup ok?  That's a pretty important question
6. can you backup a smaller set of files than everything on this server?
7. tried reinstalling the backup exec agent?

Subject: [THIN] Not enough Storage Space
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:11:28 -0700
From: "Les DeFoor" <ldefoor@xxxxxxxxx>

I am having a heck of a time with a Windows 2K3 server.
I am dealing with Backup Exec 10.0
I can not get the service to start for BackupExec Job Engine.
I continually get an error message 0x8007000e
Not enough Storage is Available to complete this operation
While I have over 100 gig of hard drive space and over 3 gig of
available memory, 4 total, I don't think this is a true error?

Dell and Veritas both have been on the phone with me since 8:00am PST
and it is now 1:15 PST and they are now pointing the finger at MS.  MS
says sorry guys, it is your product that is calling something and we
don't know what it would be calling so we can't help ya... Thanks for
calling ....

Needless to say - I am at my wits end - OH and the whole time I keep
telling them, it hasn't worked since day 1 and they keep asking if I
have a valid backup of the system....

Hrm.

New Site from The Kenzig Group VistaPop.com!
Windows Vista Links, Subscribe to Vista Discussion List
at Freelists.org and more! See:
http://www.VistaPop.com