[THIN] Not accepting connections

  • From: "Jonathan Neffgen" <j.neffgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:16:57 +0100

Metaframe 1.8
Windows 2000 Srv SP3

Approximately once a fortnight our Citrix server rejects any connection
attempts to it and gives the following error message:

"the citrix server you have selected is not accepting connections"

Not only can we not log on to the server using an ICA client, but we
cannot log on locally or via the console. We aren't running any
published applications or any particularly strange software. Versions
used of the ICA client software differ depending on particular users
however we try to keep them up to date as best we can.

Citrix KB article CTX127867 looked like the only relevant piece of
information we could find in relation to this, however it applies to
Metaframe 1.0 XP only and the symptons described do not affect us
(corrupted registry).

At the moment procedure is to reboot the server which seems to solve the
problem until it reoccurs. We are at a point now where this is becoming
very frustrating so I'm posting in the hope someone may have a permanent
solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Neffgen.