[THIN] Re: Norton Antivirus

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:39:08 +0800

Tom

In my experience all AV software requires the "server" version of the
client as opposed to the workstation client.

Call me if you want I am hanging around for a while.

Regards
Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Tom.flanagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 19/02/2003 16:59:16 >>>
Hi Group

I am setting up an NT4.0 TSE SP6 running Metaframe XPa FR1 machine to
join a farm.  I was told that I need to install NAV before I install
Metaframe XP.  NT4.0 TSE wont let me install the NAV client.  It says I
have to install the server software.  I wanted to install a NAV client
managed by my NAV server.  Is this not possible if you are running NAV
on Microsoft server software.  If so do I have to update definition
through live update.  Not a good option.  I would rather my updates from
my NAV server.

I know that this is not strictly a citrix question but this group shows
a lot of knowledge so hope you don't mind..

Regards

Tom Flanagan
IT Network Administrator
Kailis & France Foods