[THIN] Non disconnecting sessions

  • From: Javier Borrajo <JBorrajo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 03:46:29 -0400

Hi all, I have a problem with sessions in Terminal Server (Windows 2003) that do not terminate correctly.

If I list the sessions, I can find some sessions in which the Status is "Disconnected" and the under the Session column is also says "Disconnected" (instead of the standard message for session 316: "RDP-Tcp#316"). I guess that this sessions do not terminate correctly because of some printer drivers that do not end properly.

How can I get rid of these sessions automatically? I know I can use a GPO to end disconnected sessions, but this GPO would also end sessions that are legitimate disconnected (the user closed the window), and I don't want to do that.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Javier.

Follow ThinList on Twitter