[THIN] Re: Non delivery message from exchange 2003 to exchange 2000

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:13:54 -0500

it's been a while since i played with exchange but to answer your specific question, no, you don't have to have DNS _on_ exchange but you do have to have DNS somewhere. Have you checked your interoperability mode?

Avien Darbendy wrote:

Hello,

When I send message from mailbox on exchange 2003 to mailbox on exchange 2000, the message is undeliverable. Oppositely are delivered successfully from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.

I can send and receive message between Exchange 2003 and external address.

For more information I have yet installed exchange 2003 on windows 2000 domain.

Is it required that DNS be installed on Exchange 2003 or not?

Thanks for any reaction.

Avien