[THIN] No Windows 2000 TSCALs sold anymore?

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:10:56 +0200

Hello!

Our distributor just told us a strange story: We wanted to buy some Windows 2000 TSCALs for our Windows 2000 terminal server (with Metaframe XP). However, he told us that Windows 2000 TSCALs aren't sold anymore, just Windows 2003 TSCALs. Even worse, Windows 2003 TSCALs won't work on a Windows 2000 server.

Is this really true? I cannot believe it, as this would affect all current Windows 2000 TS installations in the world - as soon as they need some more TSCALs they would be forced to upgrade to Windows 2003. I haven't found a statement from Microsoft on their website.

Does our distributor confuse this with some other licensing issue or is this really true?

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany