[THIN] Re: No Pagefile for TS?

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:26:04 -0700

Neil,=20

Except the whole issue of both paging and virtual memory swap is =
predicated
on RAM being at a premium. RAM has been cheap and abundant for a long =
time.
If pre-emptive paging tasks are still ideal for overall system =
performance
(counter intuitive- but I can accept that it may be necessary) the =
option to
do them in RAM is really quite logical. So, if you are running as system =
and
you are quite sure that you have 1 or 2 GB (!!) of RAM free there really
ought to be a way to put the solid state response times of RAM to work =
for
"required" paging activitie.

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing