[THIN] Re: No GPO's on other server!

  • From: Mark Guzzo <marguz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:50:59 -0600

Hi,
None of my Win2000 CitrixXP servers has this key! Is this really correct to
add this key to all my servers. Shouldn't this key be added by some
application? I'm not second guessing you, I guess I really don't understand.
I thought adding an *.adm file to a server applied changes to all servers in
the OU.

All my servers are in one OU, but I do not make changes to that OU. I make
changes to the OU the users are in.
Is it better to have all servers in one OU?

I'm just asking this without trying to look this up my self.
I have spent 1 1/2 days on this, reading past posts, reading Microsoft
TechNet. So much info... :-(

Have a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

Chris Lynch wrote:
Mark, Make sure that the following key exists:
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System. This System key is supposed
to be there with a value called "UserPolicyMode" (REG_DWORD) with a value of
0x2 specified If it is not, then create it. Then, have the user log off and
then back on. Also, check to make sure that your server is in the same OU as
your other MetaFrame servers. Chris -----Original Message----- From:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1] [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[2]] On Behalf
Of Mark Guzzo Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 11:58 AM To:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[3] Subject: [THIN] Re: No GPO's on other server! I think
Ihave to "install" the IE6 adm file to the test CitrixXP server. Still
looking... Mark Guzzo wrote: Hello, I would like one user to login to my
testserver because of an app I'mtrying out. Now I point the thin device to
login to the testbox and when Ilaunch Internet Explorer, I don't get any
Group Policies that my other usershave. Is there any reg hacks that I can
useto disable the File menu option and also the right click? I did a login
script to set the proxys but was unable to locate the other keys. -- Mark
Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "[4]Don't Fear The Penguin."
-- Mark Guzzo Sair LCA, LCP Citrix Administrator "Don't Fear The Penguin."

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx