[THIN] Nightly Reboot Hangs - Sometimes

  • From: Mike.Witt@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:48:26 -0600

Every now and then the nightly scheduled reboot on our citrix server =
hangs
roughly 1/2 way through.  Far enough that no one can login again etc, =
but
not far enough that I can't get into it to look at event logs or =
services
(usually). =20

The problem is that when I do get to poke around, I don't see anything
wrong.  TaskMgr shows no open programs, and 99% CPU for System Idle.  =
No
messages in the Event log that shed much light.  I've started a list of =
the
order of shutdown notices there to see if I can figure out what the =
next
service, and presumably the one that's hung up, should be, but that is =
slow
going.

It's a W2k Sp3, Xpe.  I use W2k task scheduler to run TsShutdn.exe. =20

It used to hang once in a great while, but the frequency seems to be
increasing.  This is our only terminal server, and is pretty static, we
haven't added or removed any programs for a long while.

There's nothing worse than showing up for work (I'm not a morning =
person),
and having three people jump you before you even get to your office, so =
any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> =A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=A4=BA
Mike Witt
Arkansas Hospice
(501) 257-3405
Mike.Witt@xxxxxxxxxx
> =A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=A4=BA
>=20
Confidentiality Statement:
This message from Arkansas Hospice contains information for use by the
intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient, any =
review,
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this =
message,
attachments, or address information is strictly prohibited by law.  If =
you
have received this message in error, please destroy it, and any copies =
which
may exist, immediately and notify Arkansas Hospice immediately by phone =
at
501-257-3400, or by email at Arkansas.Hospice@xxxxxxxxxxx  Thank You.
=20

This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your server
capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase the number of
users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number of servers you have
to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian software allows the
terminal server to support more applications and more concurrentusers. Download
your 30-day free trial today at:
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM