[THIN] Nfuse/ICA Java Client on Secure Gateway

  • From: "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Client E-mail Group (E-mail)" <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:21:56 -0500

Hello everyone,

We've been making progress with our ICA JAVA Client and Citrix Secure
Gateway.  However, we do have a few issues that we are looking for some
information/help.

1.  When a user connects using cable modem or DSL, users are able to get all
the way
    through to the application on Citrix. (only uses ICA Java Client
download)

2.  When a user connects using dial-up or wireless connection, they cannot
get the
    application up on Citrix.  It takes a very long time to load class
files, tries
    connecting using SSL/TLS and when trying to connect to the Secured
Gateway server
    errors out with the attached error.  I am not sure why wireless would be
different then the
    configuration in step 1, but it appears there is something I am missing.

3.  Each time a user opens up the Internet browser and tries to go to a
Citrix application,
    it will download the ICA Java Client to the users browser.  Is there
anyway this can be
    cached or set in the Internet temporary files (permanently) or in the
browser cookies?
    We're trying to improve performance and this download on dial-up or
wireless is taking
    an extremely long time.  Any suggestions for me to look at?

4.  If a user already has an ICA Client on their desktop/laptop, why does
the ICA JAVA
    Client try to download.  Can't the ICA Client be utilized that's already
on the
    desktop/laptop instead of having to download an ICA Java Client?

5.  Performance (like mouse movements) is slow and jerky.  Are there
settings in the ICA client or ICA Java
    client that can be done to drastically improve this performance?

I know this a lot to ask from the group but I am not seeing any information
anywhere to help me out. Any help
from you all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jay
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com