[THIN] Re: Nfuse in a back-to-back DMZ

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:01:18 -0500

Comments in line:
In a back-to-back DMZ where both firewalls are performing NAT what
should the alternate address on the metaframe farm be? the address the
address on the internal firewall or the address on the external
firewall?
=20
Depends: If the servers are behind the second firewall and the first
(outside) nats to an address that the second (inside) then NATs again
and the clients are connecting via this NAT string and not via the CSG
then the OUTSIDE address of the NAT on the outside firewall is the
altaddr. This is the address that the client (over the internet) will
route to.

If they are using the CSG then some NAT and altaddr may still be
required or you may have to play with XML DNS name resolution

Also, in the Nfuse.conf file what should the serve be specified as?
Again the address on the internal firewall or the external firewall?

HUH?  If the NFUse servers are between the firewalls then use the
address that the Web server can use to reach the MF boxes. I assume the
address on the second (internal)firewall.
=20

Final question, is it possible for two nfuse sites to be run on one web
server looking at different addresses for the metaframe server?
Not with NFuse 1.7-1.8/2.0

Get an older copy of 1.61 with Columbia and you can copy that directory
to anywhere you want and run duplicate sites.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 815.325.7618
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
=20

In a back-to-back DMZ where both firewalls are performing NAT what
should the alternate address on the metaframe farm be? the address the
address on the internal firewall or the address on the external
firewall?
=20

Also, in the Nfuse.conf file what should the serve be specified as?
Again the address on the internal firewall or the external firewall?

=20

Final question, is it possible for two nfuse sites to be run on one web
server looking at different addresses for the metaframe server?

=20

Thanks in advance

=20

_________________________

Stuart Pittwood, CCNA, MCSE

IT Technician

Amery-Parkes Solicitors

=20

This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical
server-based questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few
mouse-clicks away: you submit your incident-specific support requests
via our online support helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them
while you monitor the progress, and your systems get back to 99.9%
up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com=20