[THIN] Re: Nfuse Classic 1.7 and Alternate Addresses

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:01:56 -0700

How are you verifying that you are not receiving the altaddr? Just from
getting a failed connection?=20

Or are you looking at the Address=3D line in the launch.asp file with
notepad?

Since you mentioned other folks having this problem, I performed a new
install of 1.7 to my test machines set the Nfuseadmin site with only
alternate address mappings, saved it (using the option within the
Nfuseadmin page), performed an IISreset on the Nfuse server and then
logged into the site from a remote machine without a Citrix Client.

With the above config, I was given the altaddr address only. (Checked by
opening launch.asp with notepad and checking the address=3D line)

You may want to look through your Nfuse.conf file for the following
items (In no specific order):

--------
AlternateAddress=3DMapped
AddressResolutionType=3DIPv4-port
ClientAddressMap=3D*,Alternate
--------

These articles from Citrix may also have some relevance here:

CTX423035 - Firewall settings not read when NFuse Classic 1.7 is
installed with MetaFrame XP FR2 msi package

CTX461399 - NFuse Classic 1.7 Administration tool omits trailing period
in specific address translation settings=20

CTX744092 - When You Set an Alternate Address, the NFuse Web site does
not work=20

HTH

From: Joe Shonk [mailto:JShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=3D20
Posted At: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 2:05 PM
Posted To: Thin.Net - Thin List
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Nfuse Classic 1.7 and Alternate Addresses

Are you using a proxy server like MS ISA?

Joe

From: Magnus [mailto:magnus@xxxxxxxx]=3D3D3D20
Posted At: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 11:35 AM
Posted To: Thin.Net - Thin List
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Nfuse Classic 1.7 and Alternate Addresses

Did it get it working for you>?

From: Magnus [mailto:magnus@xxxxxxxx]=3D3D3D3D20
Posted At: Monday, April 21, 2003 12:59 PM
Posted To: Thin.Net - Thin List
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Nfuse Classic 1.7 and Alternate Addresses

Did you do it through the admin Web interface.  I ran into it their and
I had to hit the save changes button then hit the apply settings button
as well and that fixed it