[THIN] Re: Newbie Question about MF XP install

  • From: "Robert Coffman - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:25:16 -0400

>My Co-worker who just went to a MF class has come back "ready to start
installing servers"
>He wants to setup a new server here to test his skills.

Strongly consider VMWare (www.vmware.com) for building test servers.  Lots
of flexibility and you can undo things that don't work out with ease.  When
it comes time to build the actual server, you will have the
OS/MF/Application stuff down, the only difference from the VM will be the
server hardware.

- Bob Coffman