[THIN] Re: New version of HR perspective doesn't work except for ADMIN users ver 4.0

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 23:58:59 -0800 (PST)

I've seen a few applications where the users need
Write or even Modify permissions for the DLLs in order
to function properly - read-only permissions weren't
enough (the DLLs don't get modified, of course, but
for some strange reason that permission level was
necesary to run - I dunno why). And of course, the
DLLs could be in the app's folder, or in the system or
system32 folders.

By default, I always give Everyone Change rights to
the System and System32 folders (folder only, not to
the existing files) immediately after setting up TSE -
this way, they automatically get the Change
permissions for the applications' DLLs, but not for
the OS'.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/