[THIN] New member with TS question

  • From: "Deaton, Doug" <DDeaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:43:09 -0700

Good Morning,

I have recently joined the group and find myself in need of information
from someone more experienced than I with Windows Terminal Server 2003.
We recently setup TS and yesterday were installing the Microsoft Access
2000 Runtime, using the .MST file supplied by MS. Everything seemed to
run properly, application works for all we have tested. However, one
error has cropped up:

When anyone logs onto the TS server this morning they get a series of
errors. One is: "Automation error. They system cannot find the file
specified. Error attempting to remove temporary installation files"

The next error is: "Application removal logfile 'C:\Window\ODEUNST.002'
not found. Unable to continue."

I have looked at the directory specified and indeed, the file does not
exist. There is an ODEUNST.001 file. We have to go thru a series of
error messages then the errors cease. Upon logging off and then back
into the TS server, no errors appear. This seems to happen to anyone who
logs on the TS server today the first time. Anyone have any ideas why
this error cropped up this morning? We logged users on yesterday after
installing the runtime and application, with no errors.

Thanks to all who might be able to assist.

Doug Deaton, MCSE

Network Administrator

Vacation Internationale, Inc.

425-454-3065  xt 1212

Confidentiality Note:  This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail.  If the reader of this e-mail
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
reading this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it
from your system.

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are believed to be free from virus.
However it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are
virus free.  We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising
in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this e-mail and any
attachment(s). Thank You.