[THIN] Re: New (additional) farm: MPS 3.0, or Metaframe XP?

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:46:30 +1200

If you are going to use Citrix, MPS 3.0 has some nice new features, such as:

- The MMC-based management tools (mostly view only, still need CMC)
- Zone preference and failover (not applicable to your one zone farm, but
cool).
- Extended policies
- The logon process is more verbose with the 8.0 client
- Session reliability
- Dynamic Session Reconfiguration. If a user disconnects, and reconnects on
a device with a  different display configuration, MPS will automatically
reconfigure for the new display. PN and PN Agent also reconfigure
automatically if the display changes, as in when a tablet user switches
display orientation.

  Check out the Admin guide for the complete list.

JD

http://www.go-eol.com