[THIN] Re: New Subscription Advantage rules

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:05:19 -0700

Remember, Mark has stated every chance he gets that Citrix's sole goal in
life is to be a billion dollar company...  Nothing else matters.  (Atleast,
that is how the message comes across)

Joe

On 7/20/06, George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think Citrix is doing the same thing as the Airlines did to the travel agencies -- squeeze out the middle-man and take the profit themselves. Booooo! (Now watch my SA costs go up 20% since I said that!) -George

On 7/20/06, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> GREAT that means you guys can come to me for your licensing then :)
>
> lol
>

> Jeff Pitsch
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>
> Forums not enough?
> Get support from the experts at your business
> http://jeffpitschconsulting.com
>

> On 7/20/06, George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> My vendor, Xiologix, just said the same thing.  ;-(
> Guess I'd better raise the budget a bit.
> Thanks for the heads up!
> -George
>
> On 7/20/06, Peterson David <DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I talked to a second vendor, ASAP Software and they've been told the
same
> > thing. They're going to send me the announcement later today. So it
seems
> it
> > isn't just MTM, but the vendors are just finding out about it. I don't
> know
> > about Internationally. Maybe MTM was just one of the first ones to be
> told.
> >

> > To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >

> > Not true of vendors over in the UK if thats any help - maybe it is
just
> > them.
> >

> > Yeah, it is MTM. I started using them back when they were Vector ESP.
The
> > message I got made it sound like it was an across the board change,
not
> just
> > MTM. If it is just them, I might have just started looking for another
> > vendor, but we only have 70 licenses, so the cost increase is
negligable
> for
> > me, and I like being able to go to their Stump Andy Jones
presentations.

> > I got the same thing from a vendor.  Was yours from MTM? Wonder who at
> > Citrix they pissed off?
> > JK
> >
> > Peterson David <DPETERSO@> wrote:
> > I didn't see this mentioned unless I missed it in the
Microsoft/Winternals
> > talk. My Citrix vendor just sent me a message that all SA purchasing
is
> > going to be directly through Citrix and the vendors will just handle
the
> > syncs, quotes etc. According to my vendor, everything will be retail
> prices
> > except for Open and Flex agreements, so if you get a discount from
your
> > current vendor, that will no longer apply. This happens August 1. If
they
> > just made the announcement on the 17th and the new pricing goes in
effect
> > August 1st, I hope no one's price goes up drastically and have to
renew
> > before a new budget cycle.
> > We're a small shop Citrix wise, so mine won't go up much, but it is
> > something worth noting.
> > I haven't seen anything on Citrix's site yet.
> >
> > NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission from the law firm of
Dinsmore &

http://www.lincc.lib.or.us

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst phone: 503.723.4890 Library Information Network of Clackamas County fax: 503.794.8238 16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208 web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654 email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx "...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus ************************************************ For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link: //www.freelists.org/list/thin ************************************************