[THIN] Re: New HP Servers

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 02:04:47 +1000

Sounds like your system is being exhausted of resources. I would expect
you'd be getting some 2019, 2020 or 2021 errors in the event logs. Two
possible issues Jim.

1)      Running out of Kernel memory space

2)      MS Hotfixes

As Joe eluded to, disable PAE. PAE is all well and good, but it doubles
the width of your page table entries (PTEs) which all comes out of the
shared kernel memory space.

Tune the memory manager for paged pool memory as per KB312362.

Ensure you have all the known issues covered by hotfixes.

http://www.jhouseconsulting.com/index.php/blog/2008/05/15/microsoft-wind
ows-2003-post-sp2-hotfixes/

I hope that helps.

Cheers,