[THIN] New Guy

  • From: "Jamie Pepper" <JPEPPER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:07:16 -0500

HI,

I just started using Citrix and a thin client solution in our labs. I
work for a small school district. I have deployed thinstation in two
labs. So fare it works great. One problem I have is restricting access
to printers. I am using Citrix Presentation 4.5 with Term services on
W2K3. On the one server for both labs I have two printers installed.
This gives the students the ability to choose either printer. This is
not a good idea in a Middle School High School setting. Is there a way
to limit printing on the thinstation to only one ip based printer? The
only options seems to be sharing LPT1 or USB.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie Pepper
Marinette School District
Network Technician