[THIN] Re: New Farm Hardware recommendations

  • From: slyride@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:45:53 +0000

Hello,
You might actually want to virtualize your servers on XenServer.  Either way, I
would throw some more ram at the servers and build out more servers on the
hardware.  This will make your life very easy in terms of patch
management/maintenance windows, and DR.  You can do less users per vm, more vms
and have more redundancy.
$300 per user sounds about right for licensing XenApp.
Hope that helps,
L-
***sent from my mobile***