[THIN] New Corel Oddity

  • From: Bill Adragna <bill.adragna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:02:20 -0500

I don't know if these symptoms are related to the printer driver/corel issues posted in another thread or not.

I have had maybe seven or eight users call with the identical symptom. When they lanch word perfect, it fails, stating

"Failed to initiate templates. possible reasons include invalid template directory"

The solution has been to remove the user profile, corel prefs file, and corel user files folder, allow the user to draw a new profile on login, and create a new Corel User Profile on launch. So far we are batting a thousand, but something tells me there might be a deeper problem lurking...

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.