[THIN] Re: New Citrix install

  • From: Thin Man <thin.master@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:07:16 -0500

Are you saying that you will have a PS4 server dedicated to only being
the data collector with no applications published?  In that small of a
farm I doubt the need for a dedicated data collector.  What type of
datastore do you intend to deploy?

The way you partition the drives will depend heavily upon how you
intend to handle user profiles and what applications you are
publishing.

Cheers

tm

On 6/29/05, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am finally getting the makings of a Citrix farm setup.  We contacted a
> local partner who recommended we have 1 machine dedicated to being the data
> collector and start with 2 application servers.  The data collector is a
> Dell PE1850 with 2 HDD's in RAID1.  The 2 app servers are Dell PE2850's with
> a 2+4 split backplane that I will run RAID1 for the 2 drives and RAID5 with
> 3+hotspare for the 4 drives.  All Drives are 146g.
>
> We are using our partner to actually install and secure Citrix because of
> time constraints and the last time I used Citrix was MFXP FR2, but I have to
> load the machines with the OS.  I'm looking for advice on the best way to
> partition these 3 machines.  We will be using PS4.  We're also looking at
> using a dedicated appliance for CSG.
>
> I am unsure where WI is going to sit at this point.

This Weeks Sponsor: Lakeside Software
SysTrack is the easiest to use, most complete way to monitor system and
application performance. SysTrack combines comprehensive monitoring
capabilities with hardware/software inventory, change management, user/web
auditing, and reporting to create a total management solution.
Evaluation at: http://www.LakesideSoftware.com