[THIN] New Citrix deployment, AD or NDS?

  • From: David Rosenstein <drosenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:01:34 -0600

My company is planning to deploy a Citrix based secure web enabled
application deployment method.  This will be the means of remote access
for employees to run various internal applications.

Currently we are running an NDS enviornment with about 150 Windows XP PCs.
 Because of the lack of  Zen works or any other 3rd Party product, most
workstation admin has been done on the local level.  This obviously
stinks.

I think this would be a good oppurtunity to deploy AD.  I have wanted to
this for sometime in order to fully enjoy the bennifits of SMS, SUS and
Group Policy.

Do you have any good arguments to help make the case for or against
bringing AD into the mix?  Keep in mind that the Novell servers are going
to be here to stay for some time, so AD would not replace NDS, just
supplement some of the current requirements of our internal network and
possible improve the planned Citrix services.

Thanks
Dave