[THIN] Re: Network problems...Help

  • From: "Rob Beekmans" <robbeekmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:42:48 +0200

that a short way of checking if a policy is being applied isn't it?
You say you don't know about policies but then how can you ever check if
they are applied?
Further on maybe the internet connection is done at file level with security
settings for all you know.

I guess you need to find who ever installed those servers and configured
them or otherwise look at the policy settings and find out if and where
things go wrong.

Domain is AD?
Is there a special group in the Ad for Terminal servers or so?
Check for policies on this sort of groups.
Make sure the server is also in this group if one exist.

The easiest way to "solve" it for know and save you time to get to the
bottom is to deny access to IExplore.exe for studenst at file level.
It's not the nicest way but at least tommorow they can mess up and connect
to the internet.

grx
Rob