[THIN] Network printers not appearing and not following driver mapping

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:54:05 -0500

Weird problem here.

When I do \\servername and click on printers on an old Citrix 1.8 \ NT4
server I'm able to see all client printers and adjust the drivers there for
troubleshooting purposes.  In XP, it seems like some printers are not
displaying under that window.  Any ideas?

Also, I have a Lexmark Optra T614 driver installed.  I subsequently created
a driver mapping to remap T614's to HP Laserjet 4P/4M but when I shadow a
user, they are still getting Lexmark Optra T614 -> Lexmark Optra T614 not
the HP.  Ideas?

  _____

Brian Claus, A+, Network+, MCP
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  _____

The information contained in and transferred with this electronic message is
intended only for the recipient(s) designated above, it is protected by law
and it may contain information which is privileged and confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message is unauthorized
and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify WESCO Distribution, Inc. immediately at 412-454-4800.  Thank you.