[THIN] Re: Network drive mapping from XenApp Desktop which a published desktop

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:00:02 -0500

I have found the v12 client doesn't do this right. What version are you
using?

On Jun 14, 2011, at 5:36 AM, "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I know I have asked this before but didn’t fully get direct answers.

Its more is possible to start with.

We connect to a Citrix Farm in head office from either our Desktop PC or
from a XenApp session.

We use XenApp plug-in 12.0.3 on both.

When a user connects from their Desktop PC and logs into a published
desktop(head Office) the users sees all their network drives as well as the
local drives. (which is what we want)

When the user connects to their published desktop(head Office) from our
internal published desktop (using our XenApp servers as the client) the user
only sees the local drives of the PC that they are connecting from.

The only difference is that on client is a workstation and the other is the
XenApp server as the client.

Been at this for a while been.

Just need to know if the network drives should map when coming from a XenApp
server as things seem to have changed slightly on how this works with client
12 onwards. I have implemented the reg change to get the local drives
mapping from article CTX126763.  Is there another change I can make or does
this need to be implemented at head office as well.

Cheers

Ron

*Ronnie Hamilton*
Senior Network Engineer

Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland

IT Department
Naas Road, Rathcoole

Co. Dublin, Ireland
Phone: +353 1 401 1253
E-mail: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx

www.ltai.ie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie

45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.

Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.

The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may
be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by
return email. You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute,
disclose or use this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is
strictly prohibited. Thank you.