[THIN] Re: Network Printing

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:42:27 +0100

I've developed things in the past, that have been based on mapping
network printers based on the physical location of the desktop PC, or
client PC. I've also developed apps to support that (ie so that PC
shifters and movers can update or specify the physical location).

The rationale I used was using the location field, in Active Directory,
for a computer object. In there I stored the name of an OU that
contained the grouping of network printers suitable for that physical
location.

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered
number 5059352