[THIN] Re: Network Optmization : Output queue length very high

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:52:53 +0100

If its easy to do, try a different NIC in one of the MF servers and see if that
helps, people have had various problems with broadcom nics (I assume you're
using Dells??). But have a look at the following first-

As for the stuttering, what happens if you're on the LAN with the servers, do
you get this? If not, I'd suggest looking hard at bandwidth usage on your
external connections, they may be very well saturated. (Also check ping times
over them!)

The frozen sessions I'd hazard a guess at being sort of the same thing, but
more extreme. Does the session show as Active or Disconnected when they report
this? You might find setting up the whole Keep Alive keys thing will help this
a little - they will be disconnected rather than frozen!

There may or may not be something deeper going on, in which case someone else
may well provide more of an insight, but the above is what I'd look at!

Andrew
--o--

>>> bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 19/08/04 15:29:18 >>>
Broadcom Gigabit NIC

Running applications in seamless using a frame relay connection to
remote offices on 56k up to 256k connections even some dialups running
through our NFUSE portal.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20