[THIN] Network Neighborhood - Desktop Session

  • From: Derek McGhee <derek_mcghee@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:05:08 -0400

We publish custom applications on our Citrix Farm.  Within the
application, the user can export reports and save them to their local
hard drive.  When the Save As box appears, the user can browse to
Network Neighborhood, right-click, and select properties.  Citrix then
launches a desktop session of the Metaframe server.  That's something
that we DON'T want our users to be able to do.  Is there a way to turn
this off?

Running...
- Windows 2000 Server SP3
- Metaframe XP SP2
- Windows NT4 Domain

NOTE:  I've selected to "run only published applications" in the Citrix
Connection Configuration.

Thanks,
Derek

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com