[THIN] Netscaler VPX , ICA Proxy & SSL VPN on 1 Vserver with EPA Scanning

  • From: Gehan.DeSilva@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:30:07 +0800

Hi All

I have a Netscaler VPX and its driving me nuts getting the final bit of
configuration i want done.

I want my netscaler to do the following:

For ICA Proxy users do not run any EPA Scan
For SSLVPN users run an EPA Scan

I found a post by Rick Rohne from 2010 which describes this exact process
http://www.thegenerationv.com/2010/09/pre-logon-client-choices-in-access.html

My config and Issues are below:

I have the following configured on Netscaler VPX 9.3 build 52.3

1 Virtual Server with the following Policies

Session Policy 1 = ICAProxy Priority 100
Session Policy 2 = SSLVpn Priority 100
Session Policy 3 = Mobile Devices Priority 10
**I have also played around with Session Policy priorities

I have the following expression on Session Policy 1 = REQ.HTTP.HEADER
Cookie CONTAINS ICAApps
I have the following expression on Session Policy 2 = REQ.HTTP.HEADER
Cookie CONTAINS VPN

The above works as expected , i get to the icaproxy with out any epa scans
and i get to the VPN as expected and require the cag client to proceed and
access my internal network.

If i add an expression to the SSLVpn policy to get the machine to run an
EPA scan i get the following unexpected  results
SSLVPN Policy Expression == REQ.HTTP.HEADER Cookie CONTAINS VPN &&
Client.File('C:\\\\MyTestfile.txt') Exists

1) When i login to ICA Proxy mode i get prompted for an EPA scan i can
skip the scan and get logged into the Web Interface (I dont want to be
prompted at all)

2) When i login to SSL VPN mode , i get access to the VPN , if the EPA
scan fails i still get logged in but i get a different landing page where
Web Interface is no longer available , i get the 'websites' and 'file
share' options. And i can still access network resources (After fail of
the EPA scan i want it to deny access)

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Gehan De Silva
Senior Network Administrator

RSM Bird Cameron

8 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000
GPO Box R1253 Perth WA 6844
T (08) 9261 9437   F (08) 9261 9112
www.rsmi.com.au

Connected for Success.

 Assurance -
    Business Advisory - Corporate Finance - Risk
    Advisory - Tax - Turnaround &
     Insolvency

This Communication is intended only for the use of the
that
  is privileged, confidential or copyright. You are hereby notified that any
  prohibited without the authority of the sender. If you have received this
  e-mail message in error or are not the intended recipient, please delete and
  destroy all copies and notify us immediately by return mail. Any views
  expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except
  where the sender specifically states otherwise. If you no longer want to
  receive notifications, simply reply to this e-mail.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under
   Professional Standards Legislation.