[THIN] Re: Netflow/Ica sessions Optimization

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:11:33 -0500

smcc, that's it. thanks

Dave Mishchenko wrote:
http://www.citrix4ge.de/ctxsdk/smcc.htm

Citrix Session Monitoring and Control Console (SMCC SDK 2.2) This is an unbelievable utility since it's only 43kb in size and you can take a deep look into a single user Session Channels. Do you remember your training courses about the Citrix Thin Wire? Now take a look in that channels and even take control of it!
Btw. in the Technical Preview of the upcoming MetaFrame XP 3.0 you can set Citrix policies to limit almost every channel, other than just the ICA printing.

To use the smcc you have to start the smccontrol.exe on a Citrix MetaFrame Server and you can only Monitor and take Control of the sessions that are running on the Server. I will just show some basics so you can get a clue what else you can do with the SMCC. Remember this is real time Monitoring and any Control change will take immediately effect.