[THIN] Re: Netflow/Ica sessions Optimization

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:35:16 +0200

David,

I do have the time to read this entire thread properly but there is
something I'd like to add though. ICA sessions usually *in general* only
consume about 30 Kbps. Don't let this fool you though. An ICA session can
easiliy spike to 1500 Kbps though. This can be caused by something as
harmless as a flash website or scrolling in a PDF. This effectively ruins
the user experiece right there. I'm doing a presentation at Briforum Europe
next week, try and download the vid when Brian releases it.

Regards,
Michel Roth
www,thincomputing.net

On 9/25/06, David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave Mishchenko escribió: > http://www.citrix4ge.de/ctxsdk/smcc.htm > > Citrix Session Monitoring and Control Console > (SMCC SDK 2.2) > > This is an unbelievable utility since it's only 43kb in size and you can take a deep look into a single user Session Channels. Do you remember your training courses about the Citrix Thin Wire? Now take a look in that channels and even take control of it! > Btw. in the Technical Preview of the upcoming MetaFrame XP 3.0 you can set Citrix policies to limit almost every channel, other than just the ICA printing. > > To use the smcc you have to start the smccontrol.exe on a Citrix MetaFrame Server and you can only Monitor and take Control of the sessions that are running on the Server. I will just show some basics so you can get a clue what else you can do with the SMCC. Remember this is real time Monitoring and any Control change will take immediately effect. > > It doesn't work on Metframe XP, only PS.

What a pity!!!
//www.freelists.org/list/thin