[THIN] Re: Netflow/Ica sessions Optimization

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:03:29 -0500

Printing?

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:08 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Netflow/Ica sessions Optimization

Hi list,

Recently we have implemented netflow for watch the traffic between
sites.
Our users have been complaining us for months due to slow performance
inside citrix sessions.
With netflow we show that some sessions takes many MB, so I would like
to understand how the ica protocol flows through the line.
What features have I to take in mind in order to reduce the traffic?
We have a leased line DSL 1,5 Mb and about 30 users, if each ica session
takes about 30 Kbps, Why is so slow?
Using netflow we show that almost all the traffic is generated by Ica
protocol, but despite the line is huge the users are complainig.

Any suggestions?

We have 4 servers in the farm, for 100 users.
XPa FR2 SP2,
W2k SP4.
//www.freelists.org/list/thin