[THIN] Netflow/Ica sessions Optimization

  • From: David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:08:24 +0200

Hi list,

Recently we have implemented netflow for watch the traffic between sites.
Our users have been complaining us for months due to slow performance inside citrix sessions.
With netflow we show that some sessions takes many MB, so I would like to understand how the
ica protocol flows through the line.
What features have I to take in mind in order to reduce the traffic?
We have a leased line DSL 1,5 Mb and about 30 users, if each ica session takes about 30 Kbps,
Why is so slow?
Using netflow we show that almost all the traffic is generated by Ica protocol, but despite the line is huge
the users are complainig.

Any suggestions?

We have 4 servers in the farm, for 100 users.
XPa FR2 SP2,
W2k SP4.