[THIN] Nested Citrix Printing

  • From: Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:13:04 -0500

Are there any issues with Printing from Nested Citrix sessions?
I have a user who has a PC on his desk with an HP LaserJet 2015 (I believe)
as a network printer.
Then his Office has him log into a Desktop session via Citrix.  From there
He opens Internet explorer and Launches a Citrix connection to OUR published
application.
Over the past couple of days he has started having issues with his printer
not being available.  I know things can start to get tricky when nesting
sessions and given the fact this is a printing issue, I shouldn't be
surprised.
Bearing in mind I really have no way to Influence the Desktop session he
logs into initially is there anything I can do to help ensure his printing
is more reliable, or suggestions I can have him pass along to the local IT?

I am looking to make sure that we are not having an issue on our end
directly but I don't see anything currently such as services bouncing etc.