[THIN] Re: NeoWare Questions

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:32:13 -0800

=20

Following is the procedure for setting up DHCP Tag 137 on W2K server:=20

1) Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, DHCP
2) Select your W2K server icon under the Tree tab
3) Select the Action menu item
4) Select Set Predefined Options...
5) Click the Add button
6) In the Name field enter a name(i.e. Neoware)
7) Data Type should be set to String
8) Code should be 137
9) In the Description field enter a description(i.e. ezUpdate)
10) Click OK
11) Under Value enter the String(i.e. FTP location(URL) of configuration =
and/or software update files)  Note:  This is a Global setting!  If you =
have multiple scopes defined you would not enter the String here...you =
would enter the String at the Scope level.

That's it.  As for troubleshooting, as long as you can browse =
anonymously to the FTP site, and open any of the three files =
(CONNECTIONS.RGY, PROPERTIES.RGY and a text file I cannot remember the =
name of), your client should get the update.

Chris