[THIN] Re: Negotiating Capabilities

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:44:39 -0400

Did you update the streaming client on you xenapp server that is having the issue?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2009, at 14:27, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok completely confirmed it is a problem with the roll up packs. Fresh install, no HRP's and everything works great. Put the HRP on and it goes to hell. blah

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Ok happens with HRP3 and HRP4. May be time to just rebuild the boxes completely.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: hmmmm the problem seems related to applying HRP04. More testing needed.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes it responds very well.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Michael Pardee <pardeemp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does the new machine respond properly to reverse lookups?

On May 29, 2009, at 8:45 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also this delay was not there when it was in the old farm. If we use the ZDC as the server to stream the apps too then the apps launch just fine. It's just this one server.

Anyone else have any ideas?

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: The server is in the right OU. DNS communication between the ZDC and server seems to be ok. ping times are excellent.

I forgot to mention session reliability is not enabled. The server that we are running apps from is actually in the DMZ while the ZDC is in the LAN. we get no errors in the event logs. We are starting the apps from WI but when the apps run from PNA everything starts just fine.

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx > wrote: Is the server in the right bucket in AD? I always forget that. An entry in the hosts file over to the other server will always help negotiation also.
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, hopefully you guys have some insight into this.

We put up a new farm of PS4.5 FP1. we moved a server from the old PS4 farm to the new farm by uninstalling/reinstalling XenApp. Everything seemed to go well with that but when we publish some streamed apps from that particular server it takes about 20-30 seconds for it to get beyond the Negotiating Capabilities stage of the logon process. Licensing is set to Per User on the server, no redirected folders at all.

any ideas?