[THIN] Re: Need help in overriding machine GPO

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:53:12 -0000

Off the top of my head - I thought you could make the policy use a variable,
and then set the variable as part of the user's settings. Then I remembered
we've moved on since NT4 :( Here's a decent article on the subject -
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX110351#P164_15497

From what you describe even if you were to hard code the value for the user,
it would be overridden by the OU. So unless you introduce some different
method its siloing for you I think.

Do you need to migrate for some users for a reason? Are you running short on
disk? Wanting to split the profile load across different servers?