[THIN] Need help in overriding machine GPO

  • From: "Angela Smith" <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:23:26 +1100

Hi

We use AD group policies extensively and its been used to set User Home Drives + User Terminal Server profile paths via the PS4 machine GPO. This works beautfully for existing 500 users who use Citrix but I now have a new requirement where users require Home Drives and Terminal Server Profile paths to be in a different area (different server). If these settings were set in the AD object in the first place it wouldn't be an issue. Apart from creating a new OU and building new servers in a new OU (SILOing the servers and using different Group Polciies), can anyone think of a way I can override a Computer GPO if Im logging on to an existing farm?

I could hardcode user profile + TS profiles in the AD objects for existing users but Id have 500 users to do and I don't rate myself as a scripter to do this automatically..

Any assistance muchly appreciated

Thanks

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Nov06&_m=EXT